Horse Riding Surrey
Have you ever dreamt of cantering along a beach? Well now you can!
We meet at the local village pub, The Oyster Catcher then hack to the picturesque beach at Climping, Littlehampton, where you will have an opportunity for some lovely long sandy canters.
Afterwards we like to visit the pub for a post-ride drink and a natter.
We travel down to Climping in our horsebox from our yard in Cranleigh. You can either meet us there or travel with us if you wish. The beach is a short hack away and there will opportunities to canter, gallop and also jump the groynes.
We recommend you allow 3-4 hours for the whole experience (mounting, hacking to the beach, the ride itself, returning and loading the horses, then the pub afterwards), longer if you are travelling in the horsebox with us.
All year round. However, Arun Council regulations restrict our riding to before 10:00 and after 18:00 from 1 May to 13 September. We are also restricted by the times of low tides. Dates are listed on our Calendar page.
*Please note: All riders must have been for an assessment lesson or hack at our yard or ride regularly with us.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How early should I arrive for my beach ride?
You should arrive 15 minutes before your beach ride.
2. Do you provide riding hats?
You must provide your own hat and safety equipment for away rides ie gallops, day rides, hunting, beach rides, sponsored rides etc.
3. Do you provide riding boots or any other riding gear?
No we do not provide any other riding gear.
4. What clothing and footwear should I bring?
The right clothing is important. We ride in exposed places and the weather can change quickly so warm clothing is a must and sunscreen in the Summer.
We do not recommend:
• Tight jeans – as they can rub the inside thigh
• Tight tops/jackets – as you need to be able to move freely
• Flip Flops
• High Heels
We do recommend:
• Boots with a heel, i.e. riding boots or dealer boots - http://image.equestrian.com/images/pdp/zoom/560900_Brown_v01.jpg
5. Do you ride in all weather?
Yes we ride in all weather unless it is extremely stormy in which case the ride will be cancelled and a refund given.
6. Do you ride at any other beaches?
We are open to suggestions of other locations.